Back to Podcasts
The Art of Fear with Kristen Ulmer
February 6, 2018
Kristen Ulmer knows a thing or two about fear. She was the world’s reigning most extreme skier for 12 consecutive years! She retired from starting avalanches in 2003 and instead, began creating avalanches in how we deal with fear. Her latest book The Art of Fear deals with exactly that.
Kristen argues that our cultural view of fear is not only wrong, but harmful and in serious need of a paradigm shift. Kristen explains how we must create a new dialogue around our fear. A dialogue that brings it out of the basement and into the light, where it can lead us to newer heights as athletes, entrepreneurs, and high-performing individuals.
This is a must listen for anyone looking to achieve their full potential in life.
"What you avoid becomes a weakness. What you own becomes powerful."
In this episode of the toofit podcast:
- Why everything you’ve ever been taught about fear is wrong
- The biggest mistakes we make in attempting to handle fear
- A step-by-step guide on forming a healthy relationship with fear
- How to establish an intimate relationship with your fear
- What’s the difference between real fear, and “fears of…“
- Kristen explains the biggest fear known to man
- Shift: The Game of 10,000 Wisdoms – the tool that Kristen use’s with her clients to transform fear from paralyzing to stimulating and enriching
- Fear 2.0 – learn to love fear like surfing legend Laird Hamilton
Pick up your copy of The Art of Fear today and begin to form a healthy, new, and exciting relationship with your fear. Learn more about Kristen and her personal journey at her website, KristenUlmer.com.
Too Fit Partners
This podcast is brought to you by Qualia. Qualia is designed to help increase cognition, focus, mental health, and induce flow states by nourishing and feeding your brain. The whole team at Too Fit uses Qualia. It’s helped with our productivity, output, creativity, plus it keeps everyone in a good mood!
This podcast is also brought to you by Too Fit. If you haven’t checked out the new products, what are you waiting for?! We have heard nothing but great responses on the new Pre and Post. We’re sure you will too. You can see what they’re all about here.
- Kristen’s Forbes Article: On a Mountain or in the Boardroom
- Laird Hamilton (@lairdhamiltonsurf)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- The Bulletproof Conference
- Dave Asprey
- Ion Cleanse
- Zen Master – Rules to live by