Back to Podcasts
EPISODE 23 – ARE YOU ADDICTED TO SUGAR? UNDERSTANDING, DEFINING, AND BEATING SUGAR ADDICTION WITH DAN DEFIGIO
October 11, 2016
Dan “The Man” Defigio is here to help you kiss that sweet tooth goodbye! Dan has been in the health and nutrition industry since the early 90’s. Through his journey, Dan has founded several companies, written multiple best-selling books, has appeared on CNN’s Fit Nation, The Dr. Phil Show, Self magazine, and a host of other television, radio, and magazine outlets.
Dan’s latest passion project is tackling sugar addiction. Unfortunately, sugar has become prevalent in today’s society. It has found its way in virtually every food item in the grocery store! Did you know sugar is eight times more addictive than cocaine? Crazy! With sugar negatively affecting millions of lives, Dan is determined to help you, and everyone else kick sugar to the curb.
"Whatever you do most of the time, that is what you're like."
In this episode of the toofit podcast:
Dan is changing people’s lives by systematically altering people’s behavior and psyche to overcome their sugar addictions, stress-eating, and detrimental nutritional habits. He is the author of Beating Sugar Addiction for Dummies, where he provides you with a game plan to not only stop these symptoms in their tracks but also tackle the actual culprit manifesting itself as a sugar addiction or stressful eating.
In this info-packed conversation with Dan, we were able to pull out some real nuggets that we know you will find useful and can begin to utilize immediately!
- The four types of sugar addicts – which one are you?
- How chronic sugar use alters the way you taste and view food
- How we arrived at such a problem in the first place
- How to properly detox from sugar
- 3 step process to stop sugar cravings in their tracks
- Dan’s two tips on making a healthy meal bar choice
- A list of acceptable sweeteners
- What the future of sugar looks like – will it go the way of tobacco?
As always, there is too much information in our talk with our amazing guests than we can list here. The only way to get all this information is to listen and take notes!
Find out more about Dan and the great work he is doing using the links below. If you would like to join his upcoming online course, SugarFreeMe.Online, he will walk you through the seven steps to not only stop unhealthy eating behaviors but also uncover the cause of this behavior, allowing you to break the chains and begin living life on your terms.
If you’re serious about behavior change, Dan is offering all you Too Fit listeners 50% off his Sugar-Free Me program. All you have to do is:
1. Go to BeatingSugarAddiction.com
2. Subscribe to Dan’s email list where you will receive…
3. His 3 step guide to dealing with sugar cravings
4. And a discount code via email for 50% off Sugar-Free Me
Show Notes and Other Mentions
- Dan’s websites:
- Dan’s Books:
- Why Do We Eat So Much?
- Dan on Social