Back to Podcasts
EPISODE 24 – THE TONY STARK OF PEAK HUMAN PERFORMANCE, DR. ANDY GALPIN
November 8, 2016
Dr. Andy Galpin is a man on a mission. He spends the majority of his days researching and discovering new ways to develop and reach peak human performance.
Andy received his Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, followed by his Masters in Human Movement Sciences, and eventually earning his Ph.D. in Human Bioenergetics. His work and research have been published countless times in his efforts to prove what the human body is capable of achieving.
He may not know it, but his research is finding if it’s possible to become, yes, Too Fit.
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is."
— Yogi Berra
In this episode of the toofit podcast:
In preparation for this interview, we each wrote over two pages of notes that we wanted to cover. However, by the end of the episode, we felt we had only covered 10% of what was intended. That’s how much incredible and valuable information we can cover with Andy. Don’t worry, he’ll be back.
We made sure to cover the latest peak performance research and as always, did our best to give you tangible action steps in return.
In this interview with Andy, we cover mind blowing topics that are sure to expand your health and fitness arsenal, including…
- True or False: is it possible to add strength without gaining any mass?
- True or False: is it possible to add mass without gaining even the slightest strength?
- Does mass moves mass hold true?
- The 3 core physiological tenants of hypertrophy and strength building.
- Is hyperplasia (the growth of new muscle fibers) humanly possible?
- What is post-activation potentiation and what can it do for you?
- Does swinging a baseball bat with a donut actually work?
- Andy’s newest training technology that is changing the game for all lifters.
- Will football players eventually be training with weighted suits?
- The ultimate training program for longevity and peak performance.
- The most misunderstood training adaptation of all time.
- How much of your strength comes from your mind, versus your muscle contractile strength?
- How can you systematically develop more Type-II or fast-twitch fibers?
Like I said, there are too many gems in this interview to count! Not to mention we barely had the chance to speak with Andy on his newest developments, including answering how we are going to get men to Mars and back, alive!
Also, at the end of the interview, Andy explains how the work he is doing needs your help. Everything on Andy’s website, Instagram, and YouTube are 100% free to you! Not to mention he places every published article in open access journals for the public to utilize.
These research experiments on peak performance are not cheap to produce and cost his team a lot of time and money. Other researchers typically charge a hefty fee to view anything other than the abstract to their paper.
For this research to continue, and to answer Why Do Some Muscle Fibers Grow, Shrink, or Die Faster Than Others, Andy’s team is in need of a new laser microscope to continue their work. Use the link above, or HERE, to visit their crowdfunding site and give by the deadline, November 14th, 2016.
For more on Andy, his work, his team, and his mission visit the links below and give him a shout out on social.
Break out your pen and paper; class is about to begin.
Show Notes and Other Mentions